The world of cannabis is always changing, and we are experimenting with new ways to consume it. From infused lollipops that can knock out a charging rhinoceros, to delectable pot brownies that will take you to a new level of awareness.
The marijuana industry is rapidly expanding as more states legalize it, which in turn provide customers with a greater variety of ways to enjoy their weed.
Vaping marijuana is becoming increasingly popular, and if you’re reading this article, it’s likely that you’re considering trying it out for yourself.
This guide is for you if you want to vape marijuana – whether for medicinal purposes or recreation! The fact is that vaping provides a discreet and potent way to enjoy your favorite strains of weed.
Smoking anything “combustible” can cause irritation of your lungs, bronchitis, and even chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. And nobody wants those things. Vaping, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. It gives you a chance to both enjoy and appreciate your marijuana in a safer more healthy way.
So why would you smoke your marijuana as if you were a caveman in 2018, when you may vape it? You don’t want to, is the most likely answer. After all, everyone “in the know” is doing it, and you don’t want to be left out (just kidding).
Let’s get this party started right away, toke up, smoke up, and let’s get down to business.
How Weed Vape Pen Works
A vaporizer is the device that warms marijuana in any form into vapour that may be inhaled. While combustion and smoke are typically associated with temperatures above 446 degrees Fahrenheit, vaporizers work at a significantly lower temperature and produce largely of THC and terpenes.
- THC is the most important active component in marijuana, which gives the “high” feeling.
- Terpenes are the chemicals that give marijuana its unique flavor and aroma.
THC and CBD are the two primary cannabinoids present in cannabis. When you smoke marijuana, these two chemicals get mixed together and create a delicious and powerful buzz. However, you should verify whether it is legal in your state. Not to worry, because CBD flower provides all of the effects of marijuana without any of the negative side effects associated with THC.
We offer a wide range of CBD products, including hemp-derived CBD in various forms and strengths, as well as pure CBD isolate. All of our legal documents comply with the stringent quality standards set by the COVID-19 standard for medical cannabis programs. The maximum amount allowed varies state by state, so check the rules above to find out what each state allows.
Types of Marijuana you can Vape
When it comes to smoking marijuana and vapes, you have a variety of alternatives. But that doesn’t imply you should go vape any sort of cannabis. Try it and see what happens to your device or, worse, your experience.
Types of marijuana formulations designed for vaping:
- Concentrates / Extracts
Oils and concentrates are much stronger than dry herb, with concentrates being the stronger of the two. How much stronger? Concentrates can be up to 85% pure. Good things come in small doses, so if you choose to partake, do so slowly and ease in. Being high is fun…being “too high” is not.
As it relates to oils, the options you have include:
Butane hash oil (BHO):
BHO is a very potent extract, with up to 80% THC concentration. As a result, it is used to treat chronic pain and other problems.
CO2 oil is a concentrate produced by using a botanical extractor under pressure. The method is expensive, but it produces an amber oil that is largely made up of all the necessary compounds found in cannabis (not just THC).
As it relates to concentrates, the options you have include:
Like honey in both texture and color, wax is a potent concentrate that can be inhaled using a Vaporizer.
Budder is a powerful hybrid of wax and concentrate, extracted using CO2 or butane. Its name comes from the consistency of the product…like a spreadable butter, making it easy to work with.
Shatter, given its name from its glass-like appearance is a potent concentrate that is hard and brittle. Due to its composition resembling shattered glass, thisconcentrate is often used for dabbing.
This is similar to budder but less sticky, and more prone to crumbling like a cookie, hence the name. CRUMBLE, or crumble-wax, is a lesser quality version of THC that has been blended with water.
This concentrated extract is notable for its potent, sophisticated smell, using a extraction and preservation process that Terpenes and other cannabinoids intact.
Different Types of Weed Vape Devices
Did you know that there are many different types of vaporizers available on the market? Let’s take a look at three of the most popular ones:
This device is large and hefty, not at all portable or easy to travel with. In order to use it, you need to plug it into an outlet–making it less than ideal for on-the-go vaping. Not only that, but because of its size and function, this vaporizer tends to be more expensive than other similar devices.
If you’re considering purchasing a vaporizer, know that they can be quite expensive. Vaping with a desktop device gives users more control over temperature and is ideal for social gatherings where people want to enjoy their herbs together.
Now, there are just two types of desktop vapes: whip-style and forced air (or balloon or bag vapes), which were formerly known as whip or forced-air vapes.
Let’s talk about how these differ:
- Whip-style – This vape resembles a hookah or shisha in design. This style is uncomplicated and less technical than other desktop vape equipment. There are two primary components to this method of smoking: a whip and a heating element. The whip has a mouthpiece for you to inhale the vapor, tubing to connect to the device, and a wand that holds the herbs.
- Forced air – A forced air device, also known as a balloon vape, circulates hot air through the cannabis and then collects the vapor in a balloon-like bag. This desktop vape is more expensive than a whip-style but is simple to use and will always provide excellent vaping.
The “Volcano” and the “Herbalizer” are two of the most popular types desktop vapes.
Portable Vaping Devices
Portable vaporizers are one of the most popular vaping gadgets. These devices, as their name implies, are portable, small, and easy to use. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, capacities, and can vape a range of cannabis types depending on the manufacturer and model.
Portable vaporizers heat marijuana to a point where it releases all of its entourage effects (such as TCH, CBD, Terpenes, and other cannabinoids) without the need for combustion.
Most vaporizers for dry herbs have a battery, an herb chamber, a heating element, a mouthpiece, and buttons to turn it on/off or control the temperature.
Pens and Cigalikes
Vape pens are small, portable, and ideal for on-the-go sessions. Both pens and cigalikes are typically basic, lacking sophisticated features and easy to use. This is also why they’re one of the most popular types of vape devices available, with both re-chargeable and disposable versions available.
Conduction vs. Convection vs. Induction
Conduction, convection and induction are the three different methods by which vaping devices heat your marijuana. The heating process volatilizes the compounds in marijuana to a temperature at which they turn into vapor.
- Conduction – Conduction heating is a type of cannabis vaporizer that relies on direct contact between the weed and heating element (usually a coil). The heating element gets power from the battery, which heats up the elements and produces vapor. Devices that use conduction heating are typically less expensive than other types of vaporizers and easy to use.
- Convection – This heating method forces hot air to circulate around the weed, thus collecting the compounds that become vaporized as a result. This process is more efficient than other methods and also produces a stronger flavor profile.
- Induction – Loto Labs’ induction heating is the most sophisticated technology available when it comes to heating. Not only does it provide users with a great experience, but it is also clean and flavorful.
- Combustion vs. Convection vs. Conduction – It’s vital to remember that when devices using conduction as a heating mechanism produce combustion (when used at too high a temperature), which is what generates more smoke than vapor. Because your marijuana comes into touch with the heating element, the portion that contacts the surface becomes considerably hotter than the rest of the substance, occasionally causing it to ignite. You can eliminate the danger of combustion by utilizing a convection-based device.
Choose the Right Device for Your Needs
The kind of vaporizer you ought to get depends on the type of marijuana you plan to vape (for example, oils, dry herbs, or wax), but there are other elements you should ponder as well. With so many options available now, it can be tough to make a decision. Before becoming overwhelmed with all the choices at your local dispensary or headshop , take the following into account:
- How important is discretion / secrecy
- How important is portability to you
- How long will your sessions be
- How long does your vape need to last before re-charging
- Are you planning on using oils, dry herbs, concentrates
Vaping Weed Can be Intense
This is a topic that we’ve touched on previously, but it’s worth repeating in its own section. Vaping cannabis plants, especially oils and concentrates like budder, shatter, and the like is a completely new experience. It’s easy to overdo it for those unfamiliar with this sort of marijuana.
The vapor produced by your vaporizer might be comparable to the sensation of smoking 10 drags from a regular joint or bubbler. Furthermore, each strain and manufacturing process is unique. To discover which strain and formulation works best for you, try them all at your own speed and see which one you enjoy the most. Remember, being high is enjoyable, but being too high is the exact opposite .
Benefits of Vaping Marijuana
If you’re new to vaping marijuana, know that there are plenty of benefits – some increased by vaping compared to traditional combustion methods. Several studies have exhibited that there are more health advantages to vaping marijuana rather than smoking it (for instance, fewer respiratory problems), and below are some general benefits of vaping cannabis:
- Marijuana vapor contains less toxins – According to a study conducted in 2004, marijuana smoke contains known poisons. The vapor generated was more pure, containing primarily cannabinoids and terpenes. In a 2007 study, blood samples were taken from people who smoked or vaped cannabis, and they all had similar levels of THC but the vapers had far lower levels of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a by-product of combustion that has been implicated in numerous health issues, including poisoning and death at high doses!
- Vaporizing is an efficient means of delivery – Vapers find that, in general, vaping requires less marijuana to get the same high as smoking does. This is at least partially because when you vape, THC isn’t lost the way it is when you smoke–you inhale the vapor directly through the mouthpiece.
- Vaping is stealthier and provides a cleaner taste – Vaping is more stealthy than smoking, due to the lack of odor and visible smoke. Vapers also report that they enjoy the purer flavor and having more control over the dosing compared to smoking. Getting consistent doses can be difficult when smoking but vaping will give a similar (if not the same) experience every time, because vaping gives you more control over temperature settings. This also means less second hand exposure, which is an often cited public health concern.
Don’t Forget to Take Care of Your Device
Proper care of your vaporizer is essential to having a great experience with it. Many people don’t realize this and end up needing to replace their device or have other issues. Something as simple as regular cleaning can make a world of difference. If you need more help taking care of your device, we have other guides and tutorials that can assist you.
If you’re new to vaping marijuana, it’s totally understandable that the sheer amount of available information might be overwhelming. Rest assured, though–vaping can be a really great time! It’s exciting and Hussein when done right. If you need any assistance in picking out the perfect device for your needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We genuinely love hearing from our customers.