This cake is flavored with hazelnut, lemon and Terpinolene which gives it the same taste as the souche Jack Herer.
- Makes one layered cake or 20-24 cupcakes
- Canna-cook level – Medium or “Experienced edibles maker
For the cake
- 1 lemon flavored boxed cake mix weighing 15.25 oz
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- Lemon zest or lemon twist curls for garnish
For the buttercream
- 2 Sticks of salted, room temp butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp hazelnut coffee creamer
- 1 DropTrue Terpenes Terpinolene extract
Kitchen tools needed
- For this recipe, you will need two 9″ cake pans or two 12 slot cupcake pans. Make sure to have baking spray and flour or parchment on hand as well.
- To pipe icing onto your cakes or cupcakes, you will need a piping bag, metal palette knife and either a stand or hand mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Don’t forget to grease and line your cake or cupcake pans before baking!
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl for your mixer), combine the milk and melted butter with the lemon cake mix. Turn your mixer on low speed for one minute to let everything blend together.
- Add the eggs one at a time, slowly increasing the speed as you go. The goal is to have all of your ingredients combined into a velvety batter that drips in ribbons off of your rubber spatula.
- Follow the cook time indicated on the box for your cake or cupcake pan(s).
- In order to make the buttercream frosting, you will need two sticks of room temperature butter. Start by placing the butter in a bowl and beating it on medium speed using a stand mixer until it is smooth; this process should take several minutes.
- After the butter has melted, set your mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. Once all the sugar has been added, let it mix for 1-2 minutes before adding in 2 tablespoons of hazelnut creamer and 1 drop of Terpinolene. Lastly, mix on low for another 1-2 minutes while scraping down the sides (if mixture looks too dry, add an additional tablespoon of creamer).
- After you take the cakes out of the oven, resist icing them for a minimum of one hour to allow them to cool completely.
- Once your cakes have cooled completely, ice them with either a lemon glaze or whipped cream. I served mine at a get-together with some Jack Herer for my friends to compare taste and we were all amazed by the similarity! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
About Jack Herer Strain
Jack Herer is a much-loved hybrid cannabis strain known for its uplifting effects and great flavor. Keep reading to learn all about this legendary cultivar.
The Jack Herer strain was named after a man who played an instrumental role in the legalization of cannabis. He wrote “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”, which is a book that many people remember fondly. This particular strain has won multiple awards and has achieved legendary status among smokers. It was originally created by Sensi Seeds, but now almost every seed bank offers their own version of it.
The original Jack Herer is a 50/50 hybrid of sativa and indica that can only be found as regular cannabis seeds. However, many similar versions exist today with some slight differences. All of them share one common trait though: high potency.
Jack Herer is named after a very influential cannabis activist in Europe: Jack Herer. The original herbe was created by Sensi as a 50/50 indica/sativa hybrid. However, the many variants that followed would either have more indica or more sativa. Even though some cultivars are Indica-dominant, most of them tend to be Sativa- dominant.
Jack Herer produces THC levels from 15% to 20%, depending on the phenotype. This makes it a potent variety that is best enjoyed as an inspiring daytime smoke since it induces more cerebral effects than physical ones.
Jack Herer is a delicious, complex blend of citrus and spice. When smoked, intense lemon and orange notes join a base of sweetness, making for a very enjoyable smoke. You may also detect herbal or grassy flavour notes and the occasional Skunk or woody accent.
Jack Herer is a sativa-dominant strain that gets its power from THC levels up to 24%. This makes for an immediate and long-lasting high that’s mainly in the head, with only a light body buzz.
Jack Herer is a favourite among smokers who appreciate its energetic and upbeat effect. It is also a social smoke that can facilitate deep, meaningful conversations or simply provide an enjoyable time with friends. As you might guess, this heady effect is best enjoyed during the daytime.
Jack Herer is a cannabis strain that has earned a legendary reputation among enthusiasts. Its great taste and awesome effect make it one of the best sativa hybrids available. You can honour this strain’s namesake by growing your own Jack Herer!