Baking sweet treats is serious business around the holidays. The oven is basically a revolving door with trays of stacked cookies flying in and out. We ain’t complaining.
And whether you’re a purist with a family recipe that still shines or a new baker looking for something bold to whip up, there’s a special batch you may want to consider. Yep, we’re talking cannabis cookies.
With the holidays rapidly approaching, we’ve compiled a list of unique cannabis-infused recipes for you to try out and impress your guests with (just be sure to warn them ahead of time)!
The scrumptiousness of a coconut almond macaroon or the spiciness of a gingersnap can overpower the taste of cannabis, causing your rule-following uncle to ask, “Is there even weed in here?” as he reaches for his third and sees something that looks like purple.
Now that’s good baking. These marijuana cookie recipes will have you in a Happy Holidaze quicktime.
Gingersnap cookies with medicated caramel frosting
These molasses-based sweets are spiced with a layer of weed-enhanced caramel frosting, providing you with an unexpected yet delicious holiday treat.
These gingersnaps are just like grandma used to make, only with a little something extra.
10 minutes in the oven is all these tasty cinnamon, molasses, and ginger delights need. They make great tea-time snacks, one batch consisting of 30 cookies. Freeze any leftover dough for next time!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Medicated Frosting Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened (you can use canna-butter for extra potency)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup medicated dulce de leche
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crunchy finishing salt, like Maldon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg and molasses.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-1/2″ balls. Place 2″ apart on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, combine the softened butter, confectioner’s sugar, medicated dulce de leche, vanilla, and heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Once cookies are cooled, spread the medicated caramel frosting and top with a crunchy finishing salt or holiday sprinkles.
Vegan Marijuana Cookies
If you’re in the mood for something different from regular gingerbread, we’ve got just the thing. Our recipe uses fresh orange zest and almond extract to give these cookies a crispy snowflake-like texture with a unique flavor.
The drizzle of chocolate on top add the finishing touch to these delectable treats. They’re not only vegan and gluten-free, but also made with healthy ingredients like coconut oil, coconut milk, gluten-free all-purpose flour, and brown rice syrup.
But, as another reminder before licking the delicious spoon too many times — there’s definitely cannabis-infused coconut oil in here. So if you want to avoid getting high from the product, then it might be wise to refrain from spoon-lickage.
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour (I like this one) or white flour
- 1 tbsp powdered or fresh orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cannabis infused coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup (this one is my fave)
- 2 tbsp full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 275° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop the sliced almonds into small pieces and add them to a bowl with the Flour, Orange Zest, Salt and Sugar.
- In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, combine Green Oil, Coconut Oil, Brown Rice Syrup, and Coconut Milk. Stir just until the mixture comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and add Vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan and mix until combined. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is cool enough to handle with your fingers.
- Using a Tablespoon, scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 3-4 inches of space in between the cookies.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, rotating the pan once during baking. Cool on sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Marijuana chocolate chip cookie dough balls
According to common knowledge, it’s dangerous to consume raw cookie dough because of the presence of Raw eggs. However, this recipe is different; not only is it safe, but also delicious! This eggless cookie dough is perfect for those who want to savor the taste of unbaked cookie dough without having to stress about getting sick.
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter melted
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- Spread flour onto a baking sheet and bake at 350° for five minutes.
- Whisk together cannabis butter, unsalted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Fold in flour, then the chocolate chips.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency that you want. Keep it dryer if you’re forming balls, or add milk if you want to serve the cookie dough as a spread or dip.
- Roll dough into 1½ tablespoon sized balls and store in the refrigerator.