If you are planning a weed-themed party, it is essential to offer your guests munchies. And to become an even more excellent host, think about catering to those who like cannabis but do not smoke it. Here are some easy recipes to help get you started; cooking (or baking) with weed is the same as without–all it takes is a bit of creativity to make something delicious.
Please use caution when trying the following recipes that include potent cannabis ingredients. Be aware of how strong they are and only consume an appropriate amount. Also, warn your guests that edibles take much longer to kick in than smoking weed does, and the high will be more intense and last much longer too.
1. GANJA GARLIC TOAST
This insanely delicious appetizer served in Italian restaurants all over the globe is a true testament to how sometimes keeping it simple is best. This version just adds an extra layer of awesomeness by swapping olive oil (or butter) with cannabutter.
- Loaf of bread
- Cut a loaf of bread into thick slices while you preheat the oven to around 180ºC.
- In a bowl, mix cannabutter, parsley, and minced garlic, and spread it over the bread slices. Let it sit in the oven for about 10 minutes until you start noticing the initial signs of toasting.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top it with your favourite cheese. Pop it back into the oven for another 2–3 minutes for that extra crunchy gratin cheese finish. Some people prefer not to use cheese, as the taste is already very rich.
2. HIGH HUMMUS
We adore this traditional middle eastern dish at Zamnesia, and not only because it is vegan, organic, and gluten-free. This meal is potent enough to knock out a dinosaur… if they weren’t already extinct. Once you start dipping the pita bread into the concoction, you won’t be able to stop!
3. DOUBLE-GREEN GANJA GUACAMOLE
The perfect Mexican party snack with a healthy green twist from weed. This delicious combination of salty, sour, spicy and citrusy flavors makes for an amazing dip. With avocados as the main ingredient, you can be sure that you are getting one of the most nutritious foods known to man. It is beautifully refreshing during summer as it is served cold. You will probably have to lick your fingers to get all of the dip that misses your cracker or bread!
4. BUD-INFUSED BUFFALO WINGS
This recipe will have you licking your fingers – it’s that finger-licking good! Just like everyone loves buffalo wings, these weed-friendly wings will be sure to please at any party or gathering!
- Chicken wings
- Canna-coconut oil
- Fish sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Lime juice
- Chili garlic sauce
- Garlic powder
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- Slotted spoon
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a wide bowl, mix together fish sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, lime juice chili garlic sauce, and sugar.
- Coat the chicken wings handsomely with a mix of cornstarch and garlic powder.
- To fry the wings, heat extra-virgin coconut oil in a pan. The amount of oil should be enough to cover at least half of the coated chicken wings. Fry the wings until they are golden brown, turning them over occasionally.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and let most of the oil drain back into the pan. Set the fried wings on brown paper to soak the excess coconut oil.
- Grease up a baking sheet and place the fried wings on it. Drizzle each wing with approx. 1 teaspoon of canna–coconut oil mixture. Let bake for 6–8 minutes.
- While the wings are in the oven, prepare the sauce by heating it and stirring it frequently. The sauce is ready when it becomes thick like syrup. Remove the wings from oven and coat them evenly with the sauce.
5. HOT POPCORN (ALSO KNOWN AS POTCORN)
- ¼ cup Cannabutter, melted
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil on medium-high. Place 2–3 kernels in the oil and cover the pot. After these kernels pop, add the rest of them in an even layer. Cover and let Pop, shaking gently so all of them have a chance to pop. When it slows down to several seconds between pops, remove from heat.
- Next, add the melted cannabutter and mix everything together thoroughly.
- After the food is cooked, remove it from the pan and serve while it is still warm.
6. CANNABIS CRACKERS
You can whip this up anytime because you likely already have the ingredients in your pantry. For this easy and delicious cannabis snack, you will only need two ingredients! This treat will remind you of the peanut butter crackers your mom used to pack for your elementary school lunches–without the cannabis, of course!
- Peanut butter
- Saltine crackers
- Cannabis bud
- Baking sheet
- Start by getting some bud from your favourite weed. Grind it almost to a powder.
- Make sure to find an organic, high-quality peanut butter when you go shopping. You’ll want to make sure that the label says it contains a high amount of actual peanut oil; this is key for making THC effective.
- Mix the powder into the peanut butter very well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Spread the infused peanut butter onto some saltine crackers and seal it with another cracker on top.
- Place them on a baking sheet in the oven and let them sit for around 22 minutes. It is that easy.
- After baking, they are ready to serve. You will need between 0.4g and 0.6g of bud to make eight servings.
7. REEFER RANCH DIP
No matter what you’re in the mood for, Reefer Ranch Dip is a great compliment. Try it over some salad, as chicken coating, or just dipping veggies – this dip will not disappoint.
- 1½ cups of canna-mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons fresh and finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2–6 dashes hot sauce
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Magic Bullet machine or immersion blender
- You’ll need some canna-oil mayonnaise for this recipe, which you can find numerous recipes for online. Making homemade mayo does take some practice, but anyone can do it–you don’t need professional culinary training.
- The canna-mayo is simple to make with an immersion blender, like the MagicalButter machine. Just add all the ingredients into the immersion blender, let it run for one full cycle, and serve.
8. GANJA GRILLED CHEESE
Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? Now imagine it with weed!
- Whole wheat bread
- Cheese slices
- Hemp seed
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Frying pan
- For this recipe, you will need a few quality slices of bread – whole wheat works best. Start by adding cheese to the bread, then followed by a layer of mashed avocado. Then, Sprinkle with some sesame or hemp seed for flavor. If you want extra added flair, include sun-dried tomatoes, basil and garlic before topping it all off with another slice of bread!
- Drop some cannabutter in a frying pan and grill both sides of the toast on low heat. Keep adding cannabutter little by little, so the toast soaks up a considerable amount. Keep grilling until the cheese starts melting out through the sides.
9. DOPE DEVILED EGGS
Deviled eggs may not be the epitome of nouveau cuisine… no, quite the contrary! Deviled eggs, Dope Deviled Eggs in this case, could be considered a true party classic. Another simple and quick recipe with a softer touch on the palate.
- 4 large eggs
- Dijon mustard
- 2 mixing bowls
- Hard-boil 4 large eggs and peel them.
- Cut them in half and carefully extract the yolk with a spoon into a bowl.
- Mix the yolk with some mayo, canna-oil, finely diced onions, Dijon mustard, and finely chopped capers. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix this all up into a paste, and fill the boiled egg whites using a spoon. Garnish with sliced scallions for a pristine presentation and an extra zing on the tongue.
10. MARIJUANA NUT MIX
Nut mixes are perfect for parties and gatherings as people can grab a handful at a time and munch away. The Marijuana Nut Mix takes an extra step and makes you fly high.
- Roasted pecans
- Roasted cashews
- Roasted walnuts
- Curry powder
- Ground cumin
- Ground cardamom
- Cayenne pepper
- Baking sheet or oven tray
- Airtight container
- On a baking sheet or tray, place the nuts along with 2 tablespoons of curry powder, 1 tablespoon of ground cumin, ½ teaspoon ground cardamom, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 3 tablespoons of canna-oil, and salt to taste.
- Mix it all up together with your hands and let it bake in a preheated oven at 160ºC.
- Allow for it to cool completely before serving. These nuts can be stored in an airtight container.